Repairing a Scratched Glass Coffee Table
Having a scratched glass coffee table can really detract from the overall look of your room. Fortunately, there are a few different ways to repair the damages to get your coffee table looking like new again. Here are a few easy steps to help you repair your scratched glass coffee table:
Step 1: Gather Supplies
- Steel wool: You will need steel wool to clean the surface and get rid of dirt and grime.
- Glass Cleaner: Use non-ammonia glass cleaner to ensure you do not damage the glass surface.
- Mask: Wear a mask to protect your lungs from dust.
- Sandpaper: You will need sandpaper of various grits to help you buff out the scratches.
- Towel: Use a lint-free towel to buff and polish the surface.
- Versagel: Use Versagel to help you fill in the scratches.
Step 2: Clean and Sand the Glass
- Start by wiping the surface with a non-ammonia glass cleaner and a lint-free cloth.
- Once it is clean, use the steel wool to buff away any loose dirt and grime.
- Next, use the various grades of sandpaper to begin lightly sanding the damaged area.
- Use a circular motion and increase the grit of the sandpaper until you have achieved a uniform, smooth finish.
- Use the lint-free towel with the glass cleaner to buff the surface to a polished finish.
Step 3: Fill in the Scratches
- To fill in the scratches, use a product such as Versagel.
- You will need to mix the product with a small amount of distilled water.
- With a small sponge, lightly dab the mixture into the scratches.
- Allow the mixture to fully dry.
- Once it has dried, use the sandpaper and steel wool to lightly smooth the area again.
Step 4: Finish Up
- Finally, use a lint-free cloth and non-ammonia glass cleaner to buff the area one more time.
- You should now have a beautiful, scratch-free glass coffee table.
By following these simple steps, you can easily repair any scratches to your glass coffee table. With a few simple supplies and some elbow grease, you can make your coffee table look like new again.