How to Repair Scratched Glass Coffee Table
A glass coffee table adds an elegant touch to any living room. Unfortunately, scratches in the glass can spoil the look. This can be a problem if the glass is hardened and has heavy distortion in it, making it difficult to repair. Fortunately, this is not an issue if the glass is lightly scratched. Taking the proper steps can help you repair the coffee table without having to replace it.
Things You’ll Need
- Glass cleaner
- Rubber or latex gloves
- Steel wool (Fine Grade)
- Soft cloth
- Hair dryer
- Food Spray and paper towels
- Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Clean the surface of the glass before attempting any repairs to the scratched area. Spray glass cleaner onto a soft cloth and use this to wipe down the entire surface of the coffee table. This will remove any dirt or debris.
- Wet a piece of fine grade steal wool and use it to gently rub the area of the scratch for about a minute. This should remove any of the rougher distortion in the glass which will help improve the final result.
- Use a hair dryer to heat up the area of the scratch. This slowly bends the glass, allowing it to even out the rough edges.
- Spray food wax, such as Pledge, onto a piece of paper towel and rub it over the area of the scratch. This will help add extra shine to the area and make it look more appealing.
- Wipe the entire surface of the glass once more with a cloth to make sure there is no residue left behind.
By following these simple steps you can repair a scratched glass coffee table without having to buy a new one. The results will depend on the severity of the scratch, but in many cases it is possible to restore the glass to its original condition.