Repairing Your Glass Coffee Table
Glass coffee tables can be a chic and modern addition to your living space. But unfortunately, they can be prone to damage. Don’t panic, though—while repairing a glass coffee table is not necessarily the easiest task, it is still possible with the right tools and supplies. Read on to learn how to repair your glass coffee table.
- Gather your materials – You will need a glass-cutting tool (e.g. glass cutter, grinding wheel, etc. ), glass adhesive or a metal epoxy kit, and, ifnecessary, replacement glass.
- Measure, mark and cut the glass – Use a ruler to measure the size of the hole or damaged area. Mark the spot on the glass with a marker, then begin to carefully cut the glass. If the damage is too severe, you may need to purchase new glass.
- Clean – Clean the entire surface of the glass with rubbing alcohol to remove any dirt and debris.
- Prepare the adhesive – Follow the directions on the adhesive package, and make sure it is mixed thoroughly before you begin.
- Apply the adhesive – Carefully spread the adhesive onto the surface of the glass. Make sure that it is spread evenly and completely covers the damaged area.
- Allow it to dry – Allow the adhesive to dry completely (follow the directions on the package).
- Check for cracks – Inspect the repaired area for any signs of cracks or other imperfections.
- Re-attach the glass top – Re-attach the glass top to the base of the coffee table, and you are done!
That’s all it takes to repair your glass coffee table! With a few simple steps and the right supplies, you can easily fix up any damage to your furniture. Before you attempt this type of repair, it is always important to be extremely careful and make sure that you are using the appropriate tools and materials. Good luck and happy repairing!