How to Repair a Glass Coffee Table
A glass coffee table can make a wonderful addition to any home but unfortunately, glass tables are prone to chipping, and once chipped, they are difficult to repair. If you have ever had the misfortune of having your own glass coffee table break or chip, here is some advice on how to repair it effectively.
1) Prepare the Table
- Take the glass off the frame of the table.
- Clean the glass, and the frame, with soap and warm water.
- Dry the glass and frame with lint-free cloths.
- Place the glass on a flat surface.
2) Apply the Epoxy
- Mix the two-part epoxy according to the instructions on the label.
- Apply the epoxy over the broken section of the glass.
- Smooth the epoxy with a craft stick.
- Allow the epoxy to dry and harden according to the instructions on the label.
3) Re-attach the Glass to the Frame
- Re-attach the glass to the frame, making sure to center it properly.
- Secure the glass to the frame with nylon screws if necessary.
- Be sure to use the appropriate screws for the frame material.
4) Final Touches
- Wipe away any dirt or dust that may have accumulated while the epoxy was drying.
- Refinish the frame with paint or varnish, if desired.
Repairing a glass coffee table may seem like a daunting task, however, with the right supplies and a bit of patience, you can repair your table and make it look as good as new.