Repairing Your Chipped Glass Coffee Table
Glass coffee tables typically come with a glossy finish that can get easily chipped. If you have accidentally chipped the glass on your coffee table and are looking to fix it, then this guide should help!
Materials You Will Need
- Glass repair kit
- Disposable rubber gloves
- Safety glasses
- Soft cloth
- Masking tape
- Fine-grade sandpaper
- Denatured alcohol
Steps to Repair Your Chipped Glass Coffee Table
- Start by gathering all the necessary materials you need for the repair.
- Wear your safety glasses and disposable gloves before you begin.
- Use the fine-grade sandpaper to lightly sand the area around the chipped glass. This will help create a smooth surface for the patch.
- Clean the area with a cloth and denatured alcohol. This will help remove any dust and residue that could interfere with the patch.
- Follow the manufacturer’s directions to prepare the patching material.
- Apply the patch to the chipped area. Use masking tape to secure it in place. Allow the patch to cure for the amount of time recommended by the manufacturer.
- Once the patch is completely cured, use the fine-grade sandpaper to smooth it over. Make sure to sand the patch evenly.
- Wipe the area with a clean cloth and denatured alcohol, to ensure there are no residual particles on the surface.
- Polish the area with a soft cloth to restore the original shine to the coffee table.
With the right tools and patience, you can repair the chip in your glass coffee table with ease. If you find that the job is more than you can handle, then it’s best to have it repaired professionally.