How to repair a Chipped Glass Coffee Table
Glass tables offer a beautiful and stylish look to many rooms. However, unfortunately when glass is chipped, it can be a challenge to repair. Here are some tips and tricks for repairing a chipped glass coffee table:
- Gather the necessary equipment: glass chipping adhesive, silicon sealant, protective gear (including safety glasses) and a razor blade.
- Clean the surface with a glass cleaner of your choice.
- Mark the area of the chip with a wax-based pencil.
Repairing The Chip
- Apply a generous amount of glass chipping adhesive to the area with a razor blade. Make sure the adhesive is thick enough so that the chip is completely filled.
- Press the edges of the glass around the chip to ensure proper adhesion of the adhesive.
- Once the adhesive has set, apply a generous amount of silicon sealant to the area to make sure the chip is sealed and the area is waterproof.
- Allow the sealant to dry completely before replacing the table’s glass top.
- Once the repair is complete, make sure to take special care of the area, as it may remain slightly more fragile than the rest of the glass.
- For extra protection, regularly apply a glass sealant to the surface of the table.
By following these simple steps, you should be able to easily repair the chip in your glass coffee table. However, for larger chips, it is best to consult with a professional for assistance in order to avoid any further damage to the glass.