Remove Stains from a Coffee Table
Having a coffee table in your home means that from time to time some of your drinks or snacks may leave stains and marks on the surface. However, removing coffee stains does not have to be difficult, if you follow the steps outlined below.
What You Will Need
- Mild soap
- White vinegar
- Warm water
- Soft cloth
- Clean water
- Nail polish remover (for certain stains)
- Vacuum cleaner (optional)
Steps to Follow
- Clean surface: Start by wiping down the surface of the coffee table with a clean, soft cloth, using warm water and mild soap.
- Vinegar and water: To remove stubborn marks, mix equal parts of white vinegar and warm water, then wipe down the surface of the table with a soft cloth.
- Removing certain stains: For more persistent stains, such as marker, lipsticks, and nail polish, mix equal parts of white vinegar, water and nail polish remover, and wipe down the table surface with a sponge.
- Dealing with gum, wax and glue: To remove gum, wax, and glue, use a vacuum cleaner to remove as much of it as possible and then use nail polish remover to remove the remaining residue.
- Finish up: Finally, wipe down the table surface with a cloth and clean water to rinse it off.
Following the steps above will help you to remove most types of stains from your coffee table with minimal effort. However, if you do have any tough stains that cannot be removed with these methods, it is best to contact a professional for help.