How to Remove Scratches from Glass Coffee Tables
Glass coffee tables can be very eye-catching pieces of furniture, but unfortunately also very prone to scratches. Fortunately there are some relatively straightforward methods to remove these scratches, restoring your coffee table to its former glory.
In order to remove scratches from your glass coffee table, you will need the following supplies:
- Cerium Oxide Powder
- Polishing Wheel
- Soft rag
- Measurement cups
Removing the Scratch
- Mix the Cerium Oxide Powder – Take one cup of water and add 4 tablespoons of the Cerium Oxide Powder. Stir the mixture together until the powder is completely dissolved.
- Attach the Polishing Wheel to a Drill – Take the polishing wheel and attach it to your drill. Be sure to use the correct setting for your drill.
- Apply the Mixture to the Polishing Wheel – Dip the polishing wheel into the mixture and apply to the scratch.
- Polish the Area – Use the polishing wheel and gently move it along the surface of the glass where the scratch is. You may need to continue polishing the area until the scratch is completely removed.
- Wipe Away the Residue – Once the scratch is gone, use the soft rag to wipe away any residue that may have been left behind.
By following the steps above, you can easily remove the scratches from a glass coffee table. For best results, take your time and be sure to use the correct tools and supplies. With a little effort, your coffee table should look as good as new.