Avoiding Scratches on Your Glass Coffee Table
It’s heartbreaking when your beautiful glass coffee table becomes covered in scratches. To keep your coffee table looking its best, here are some tips to avoid scratches:
Use Coasters and Placemats
- Always use coasters – even if you don’t have drinks on the glass table, you should still use coasters to protect the surface from scratches
- Use placements – not just coasters, you can use placemats too. Both will protect your glass table from scratches.
- Clean the glass regularly – from time to time, you should clean your glass table with a damp cloth. Make sure you wipe away all dust, dirt, and crumbs.
- Polish the glass – once in a while, you should also polish the glass with a glass cleaner. This will help to reduce the appearance of scratches.
If you do have scratches on your glass coffee table, here are some tips for removing them:
- Clean the scratched area – first, make sure to clean the area with a damp cloth to get rid of any dirt or dust.
- Apply toothpaste – you can use toothpaste to fill in the scratches. Rub it onto the glass, and leave it for a few minutes before wiping it off. This will help to reduce the appearance of the scratches.
- Use a glass polisher – you can buy a glass polisher at most hardware stores. Rub the polisher over the scratched area to fill in the scratch and reduce its appearance.
These tips should help to keep your glass coffee table looking like new!