How to Remove Scratches from a Glass Coffee Table
Glass coffee tables provide a beautiful and elegant focal point for your home, but unfortunately, they can be prone to scratches. Whether the scratches are caused by feet scuffing the glass or a piece of furniture being dragged across it, there is hope for restoring your glass table to its original glory. Here are some tips for removing scratches from a glass coffee table.
What You’ll Need
- Car wax
- Toothpaste (non-abrasive)
- Window cleaner
- Soft cloth
- Clean the Surface – Before attempting any repair, thoroughly clean the glass surface with window cleaner. Clean all the way around the scratch, making sure it is free of any dirt or debris.
- Apply Car Wax – To treat minor scratches, use a small amount of car wax. Rub it gently into the scratch using a soft cloth and make sure it covers the entire area. Allow it to sit for a few minutes before wiping away any excess.
- Apply Toothpaste – For deeper scratches, gently rub a small amount of non-abrasive toothpaste over the area using a damp cloth. Rub it in a circular motion until the scratch has been covered. Rinse away with water and wipe dry with a clean cloth.
- Repeat if Necessary – If the scratches are still visible, repeat steps one through three until they are no longer visible.
By following these steps, you can easily and quickly remove scratches from a glass coffee table. While you should be careful to avoid causing scratches in the first place, these tips will help you restore the beauty of your glass table if they do occur.