Remove Scratches From Glass Coffee Table:
Whether your glass coffee table was recently scratched during a move or recently developed some wear and tear, there is a variety of ways to restore its original look. To make sure you don’t cause any further damage, the best way to remove them is by following a few simple steps.
What You Will Need:
- Microfiber cloth
- White toothpaste
- Window cleaner
- Glass scratch-remover
- Non-abrasive cloth
- Non-abrasive sponge
- Glass polishing compound
Steps To Remove The Scratches:
- Clean: Take a dry microfiber cloth and use it to gently dust and remove any dirt or debris that might have built up on the surface of the table. This will ensure the material won’t interfere with the steps to come.
- Toothpaste: For minor surface scratches, use a dab of white toothpaste and a non-abrasive cloth to gently rub away the scratch. Make sure to use a circular motion and push with even pressure.
- Window Cleaner: For stubborn scratches, spray window cleaner onto a non-abrasive sponge and rub the scratched area in a circular motion. Push with even pressure until the glass looks smooth again.
- Scratch-Remover: If the scratches still won’t budge, use a commercial glass scratch-remover on the affected areas to buff away the scratches. Follow the directions carefully as some products require a special polishing cloth.
- Polishing Compound: You can also try using a glass polishing compound to buff away any remaining scratches. Follow the directions on the package carefully and make sure to use the proper polishing cloth.
Congratulations, your glass coffee table should now be free of any scratches. With these simple steps, you can restore the look and value of your glass coffee table.