How to Remove Hard Water Stains from a Glass Coffee Pot?
Hard water stains on coffee pots can be both unappealing and tricky to remove. Often, glass cleaners and other traditional home remedies will have little, if any, impact on glass coffee pots covered in hard water stains. However, there are ways to efficiently remove hard water stains from glass coffee pots and get them sparkling clean in no time.
What You’ll Need:
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
- Soft sponge
- Dish soap
Step By Step Instructions:
- Make a solution of two parts vinegar to one part salt and stir.
- Then add a quarter cup of baking soda and stir until the mixture starts to bubble.
- If you don’t have baking soda try and use lemon juice instead.
- Soak a soft sponge in your solution.
- Dab it into the coffee pot and allow it to sit for three to five minutes.
- Gently rub the stained areas with the sponge.
- For further scrubbing, add a small amount of dish soap onto the sponge and scrub again.
- Finally, rinse the coffee pot with cold water.
- If the stains are still visible, apply the vinegar and salt solution again and let it sit for longer (10-15 minutes).
- To avoid hard water stains, rinse out your glass coffee pot with cold water after every use.