How to Remove Candle Wax from a Glass Coffee Table
Candles can be a great way to add ambience to a space, but over time the wax can start to accumulate and turn your glass coffee table into a mess. To avoid damage to the glass, follow these simple steps to get the wax off of your glass coffee table with ease.
Things you need:
- Hair dryer
- Fabric Scraps
- Hot Water
- Butter Knife
Steps to Remove Candle Wax
- Set your hairdryer to the lowest heat setting and direct the heat onto the wax. This will help to loosen it up and make it easier to remove. Make sure to keep the hairdryer moving so it does not overheat the glass.
- When the wax is soft, use a butter knife to carefully scrape it away. Be sure to scrape gently, as too much pressure could crack the glass.
- Put fabric scraps on the remaining wax. This will help to absorb the wax, making it easier to remove. Place your fabric scraps onto the wax, dampen them with hot water and let them sit for several minutes.
- Continue to scrape away the wax using a butter knife. You should now be able to scrape away the remaining wax more easily.
- Finish by wiping down the surface with a clean, damp cloth. This will help remove any residual wax that may still be on the glass.
Removing candle wax from a glass coffee table doesn’t have to be a difficult task. By following these simple steps, you can quickly and easily get your coffee table back to looking great.