How to Remove Candle Wax from A Glass Coffee Table
Candle wax on a glass coffee table can be quite tough to remove. It often sticks to the surface and on the sides of the glass. Candle wax can also cause discoloration over time if left untreated, leaving the glass with an unsightly appearance.
Fortunately, there is no reason to panic if you discover unwanted wax on your glass coffee table. With a few handy materials and a little bit of patience, it is easy to get rid of the wax and restore your table to its original glory.
- Place an ice cube on the wax. Allowing the wax to cool helps to harden it. This makes it easier to remove.
- Apply a thin cloth over the wax. Take a thin cloth, like a handkerchief, and lay it over the wax. Do not press too hard so as not to scratch the glass surface.
- Press down with a flat object. Use an object with a flat end, like a credit card or a butter knife, to gently press down on the cloth. Move the object in a circular motion in order to heat up the wax and get it to stick to the cloth.
- Wipe off the wax residue. Take a damp microfiber cloth and gently wipe off the remaining wax residue. The cloth will absorb the heated wax easily.
- Use a glass cleaner. If there is stubborn wax residue, use a glass cleaner and a microfiber cloth to tackle it. The combination will be enough to dissolve the wax and leave your coffee table sparkling.
Following these simple steps will help to ensure that your coffee table is in tiptop shape. With a little bit of effort and a few materials, removing candle wax from a glass coffee table can be no longer a headache.