How to Remove Candle Wax from a Glass Coffee Table
If you have ever accidentally spilled wax atop your glass coffee table, you know that the combination of aesthetics and fast-drying is a major concern. However, there is no need to worry – wax can be easily removed from glass surfaces with simple household items. Follow the steps below to remove the wax quickly and without damaging the table.
What You’ll Need:
- Ice cubes
- Cleaning cloth
- Warm the wax: Turn the hairdryer on to its highest setting and hold a few inches away from the wax. Allow the heat from the hairdryer to soften the wax, approximately 15-30 seconds.
- Gently scrape away: Using a butter knife or similar kitchen utensil, gently scrape away the softened wax. Note: Be sure to scrape away in a horizontal motion, with the table, to avoid scratching.
- Chill the wax: Place the ice cubes on top of the remaining wax to speed the cooling process. To ensure the cubes are tightly adhering, cover them with a damp cloth.
- Firmly scrape: Once they wax has cooled, use a flat spatula and firmly scrape the wax from the table. Gently press the spatula into the wax and move in a horizontal motion.
- Wipe: Once the wax is removed, take the damp cloth and wipe the table.
Removing wax from your glass coffee table doesn’t have to be a hassle or a worry. By following the steps above, you can remove wax and keep your table in its pristine state.