Removing Wax From Glass Coffee Table
Accidents happen, and if you have spilled wax onto your glass coffee table, don’t despair. Read on to learn how to remove candle wax from glass coffee table.
Things You’ll Need:
- Soft cloth or paper towels
- Ice cubes
- Hair dryer
- Allow the spilled wax to cool, before trying to remove it. Start by blotting up as much wax as possible with a soft cloth or paper towels.
- Place some ice cubes directly onto the remaining wax, and allow the wax to harden. This will make it easier to scrape off.
- Once hard, scrape the wax off with a hard edge such as credit card, or a butter knife.
- Collected wax residue should be easy to remove with a soft cloth or paper towel.
- Alternatively, you can use an iron to remove the wax from your glass coffee table. Cover the wax with a cotton cloth, and place a hot iron over the cloth until the wax melts and is absorbed. Follow up with a cloth to remove any residue.
- If you don’t have an iron, you can use a hair dryer over low heat. Point the dryer over the wax for a few seconds at a time. Wait until the wax is melted and then use a dry cloth or rag to wipe it off.
Remember to not rub the wax too harshly, as the glass can get damaged. With this method, you shouldn’t have any trouble removing candle wax from a glass coffee table.