How to Remove Candle Wax from a Glass Coffee Table
Having a candle-lit dinner can be a romantic affair and create a lovely atmosphere. However, if you don’t take proper precautions, you may end up with wax dripping down the sides onto your glass coffee table. Removing wax from a glass surface can be tricky, but there are a few techniques you can use to get rid of those wax stains.
- Ice cubes
- Paper towels
- A credit card/ flat surface plastic spatula/ butterknife/ putty knife/ scrubbing cloth
- Non-abrasive cleaning solution such as rubbing alcohol
Step by Step Guide:
- Apply Ice Cubes: Place some ice cubes over the wax and wait for a few minutes until the wax is hard. This will make the wax brittle and easier to remove.
- Scrape Away the Wax: Use a blunt tool such as a credit card, flat surface plastic spatula, butterknife, putty knife, or a scrubbing cloth to scrape away the wax from the surface.
- Clean Up the Residue: To ensure all the wax is removed, use a damp paper towel to wipe the remaining wax-residue away.
- Clean the Glass: Once all the wax has been removed, use a non-abrasive cleaning solution (such as rubbing alcohol) to wipe clean the glass.
By following these steps, you should be able to successfully remove candle wax from your glass coffee table. Be sure to use the right tools and cleaning solutions in order to remove the wax without damaging the glass surface.