How To Remove Candle Wax From Glass Coffee Table
Candles can add an ambience to your home, but the mess they can leave behind is not always pleasant. You may have spilled some wax on your glass coffee table and you’re now looking for the best way to remove it – don’t worry, it doesn’t have to be a difficult process. In most cases, with the right technique you can quickly tackle the problem and restore your glass table to its original beautiful state.
Steps To Remove Candle Wax
- Cool the wax – Allow the candle wax to cool and become hardened. Place an ice pack or a bag of ice cubes directly over the wax for a few minutes, but don’t let it sit for too long.
- Remove the excess wax – Use a butter knife to lift the edges of the hardened wax and peel it off from the glass as much as you can.
- Blot the remaining wax – Using a white paper towel, blot the remaining wax. In most cases this should be enough to remove the wax.
- Don’t Scrape – while it might be tempting to scrape the wax off with a sharp object, this could scratch the surface of your glass table. Stick to using a butter knife and try not to go too deep.
- Moisturise – once you have removed the wax, use a small drop of olive oil to moisturise the glass surface.
With these simple steps, you can now easily remove any candle wax from your glass coffee table in no time.