Removing Wax from a Glass Coffee Table
Removing candle wax from glass can be a daunting task for even the most experienced of cleaners. Here are a few steps to help you safely and efficiently remove candle wax from a glass coffee table.
Things You’ll Need:
- Absorbent paper towels
- A heat source, like a hairdryer, steam iron, or heat gun
- A credit card
- A few drops of household cooking oil
Steps to Follow
- Place absorbent paper towels on either side of the glass coffee table to prevent shattering.
- Hold a heat source (hairdryer, steam iron, or heat gun) over the wax and direct the heat above the surface. Make sure not to heat one area for an extended amount of time and to keep the heat source moving.
- When the wax begins to melt, carefully remove it with a credit card ensuring that you don’t scratch the surface of the table.
- To remove any remaining wax, add a few drops of cooking oil to the remaining wax residue.
- Using a soft cloth, blot the area gently and wipe away any remaining wax.
- Be careful not to overheat the glass table as this may lead to cracking or breakage.
- Be sure to clean the area with a glass cleaner after all residue is removed.
Removing candle wax from a glass table may feel like an impossible task but with these tips and a few household items, you can have your glass coffee table looking as good as new.