Removing Candle Wax from a Glass Coffee Table
Are you looking for a way to remove candle wax from your glass coffee table? If so, you’re in the right place. Here are some easy methods for getting wax off your table without ruining it.
Method 1: Freezing
This method is the simplest and safest:
- Wrap a plastic bag full of ice around the wax, and leave it there until the wax has completely frozen.
- Once the wax is frozen, you can gently scrape it off with something like a plastic spatula.
- You may need to repeat this process a few times to remove all the wax.
- Be careful not to apply too much pressure when scraping, as this can scratch the glass.
Method 2: Rubbing Alcohol
If the wax is stubborn and the freezing method doesn’t work, you can try using rubbing alcohol:
- Soak a cotton ball or paper towel in rubbing alcohol.
- Hold it on the wax for a few seconds, then gently wipe it away.
- You may need to repeat this process a few times to fully remove the wax.
- Be careful not to use too much rubbing alcohol, as this can leave smears on the glass.
Method 3: Heat Gun
This is the most drastic method and you should only attempt it if the other methods are not successful:
- Turn the heat gun on low and hold it at least six inches away from the glass.
- Slowly move the gun across the wax, and it should start to melt away.
- Use something like a plastic spatula to scrape away the melted wax from the surface.
- Be careful not to get too close to the glass with the heat gun, as this can cause it to crack or shatter.
By using one of these easy methods, you should be able to easily and safely remove any remaining wax from your glass coffee table. Good luck!