Refurbishing a Glass Coffee Table
Moving furniture around and adding new pieces to a room can give it an entirely new dynamic – and if you’re feeling creative, revamping existing furniture to fit an updated look is an easy and inexpensive way to give your decor a makeover. With a few crafty pieces outlining the tools and materials needed, you can start refurbishing your glass coffee table in no time.
- Glass coffee table
- Soft cloth
- Glass cleaner
- Painter’s tape
- Spray paint
- Fine-grit sandpaper
- First, prep the table. Clean the surface with a cloth and glass cleaner to remove any dust or smudges.
- Once the table is dry, place painter’s tape around the edges. This will keep the spray paint from getting on the other parts of the table.
- Take a piece of sandpaper and gently begin to scuff the surface of the glass. Be sure to go in a circular motion on the entire surface to make sure the paint will remain even.
- Once done with the sandpaper, wipe the entire table off with a soft cloth to get rid of any dust or grit.
- Now it is time to paint. Shake the can for the recommended amount of time, then hold the can 10-12 inches away from the table and spray a light, even coat.
- Let the paint dry completely, then apply a second light coat.
- Wipe the table down with a clean soft cloth, then take a piece of fine-grit sandpaper and lightly sand the surface to give it a smooth finish.
- Finally, apply a coat of wax to the entire table and let it sit for 5 minutes before wiping off the excess.
Congratulations – your glass coffee table is now refurbished with a brand new look!