How to Refurbish Your Glass Coffee Table
Glass coffee tables have been a popular furniture choice since they first came onto the market in the 1920s. While these tables are incredibly attractive, the glass surface can easily become scratched or dull with extended use. Refurbishing your glass coffee table can give it a new, fashionable look. Here’s how to do it:
- Glass cleaner
- Steel wool
- New glass top
- Glazier’s points
- Glazing putty
- Clean the Glass
- Spray the glass surface with glass cleaner.
- Rub the cleaner into the glass in a circular motion using a rag.
- Wipe the glass with a clean rag to remove any remaining residue.
- Remove Imperfections
- Polish the glass surface with steel wool to remove any scratches or imperfections.
- Sand any rough areas and corners with sandpaper.
- Replace the Glass Top
- Remove the old glass top and set aside.
- Set the new glass top on the table frame and secure it using glazier’s points.
- Place glazing putty around the perimeter of the glass and any joints between glass and frame.
- Allow the putty to dry completely before handling the table.
- Make sure to remove any glass shards from the old top before disposing of it.
- Always wear gloves when handling glass surfaces and edges.
- Check to ensure the new glass top is compatible with the table frame.
Refurbishing your glass coffee table can give it a fresh new look. With the right tools and a bit of patience, you can have your favorite furniture item looking like new in no time.