How to Refurbish a Glass Coffee Table
Giving an old glass coffee table a makeover can be a great way to add color and style to your living room. Follow these steps to bring new life to your glass coffee table.
What You’ll Need:
- Lint free rags
- Dishwashing liquid
- Car wax
- Masking tape
- Paint of your choice
- Masking paper
- Clear lacquer
- First, remove any existing dust, grime, and dirt buildup from the surface of your glass coffee table by wiping it down with lint-free rags and a mild dishwashing liquid.
- Next, apply a car wax to the coffee table to give it an extra layer of protection and to make it a bit easier to clean in the future.
- Now, use masking tape to protect the edges of the glass and then lay out newspaper underneath the table to protect the floor.
- Apply a thin layer of paint of your choice to the top of the table and the sides. Use a paintbrush to apply the paint to avoid leaving brush strokes.
- Once the paint has had a chance to dry, apply a thin layer of clear lacquer to the entire table to give it a glossy finish.
Your newly refurbished glass coffee table is ready for use. Enjoy your beautiful and unique piece in your living room for years to come.