Refinishing a Pressed Wood Coffee Table
Refinishing pressed wood furniture can be an intimidating task, especially if you’re a beginner. However, with a little patience, elbow grease and the right supplies, you can make a pressed wood coffee table look just as good as a brand new one!
Step One: Cleaning
- Begin by vacuuming the surface of the table lightly to collect any dirt and dust.
- Wash the table in lukewarm water with a mild detergent.
- Rinse the table with a second cloth and lukewarm water.
- Allow to dry.
Step Two: Preparation
- Use sandpaper to lightly sand the surfaces of the table, working in the direction of the wood grain. This will help to create a smoother working surface for when you apply your stain or paint.
- Dust off any remaining particles left by the sandpaper.
- If you’re staining or painting, make sure to use a protective primer on the surface before applying the finish.
Step Three: Finishing the Table
- When you’re ready, apply your stain, paint, or sealer in thin, even coats, allowing each coat to dry completely before applying the next one.
- Don’t forget to add a few layers of protective polish to give your table the shine it deserves!
Step Four: Maintenance
- To keep your table looking its best, clean it regularly with a damp cloth and warm water.
- Avoid putting heavy objects or wet dishes on the table to prevent scratching or staining.
Refinishing a pressed wood coffee table may seem daunting at first, but if you follow these steps, you can make your table look as good as new in no time!
Good luck, and happy refinishing!