How to Redo an IKEA Coffee Table
What You Will Need:
- Wood glue
- Paint brush
- Polycrylic topcoat
- Start by lightly sanding the table top and legs to create a smooth surface. Wipe any sawdust off using a damp cloth.
- Once sanded, apply wood glue to the underside of the tabletop to make sure it is firmly attached to the legs.
- Once dried, paint the legs with 2 coats of paint and allow it to dry fully between coats.
- Apply 2 coats of polycrylic topcoat to seal the paint and to protect it from damage.
- Lastly, add any extra embellishments such as fabric, beads, or decorated tiles to the top of the table.
Redoing your IKEA coffee table is an easy and inexpensive way to give your furniture a fresh new look. With the right tools, some time and effort, you can create a beautiful piece that you can enjoy for years to come.