Re-Doing a Glass Coffee Table
Remodeling furniture can be a fun and a rewarding way to update the decor of your home. One example of such furniture remodel is re-doing a glass coffee table. Although it looks like a daunting task, re-doing a glass coffee table is not as difficult as it seems. Many people are intimidated by its fragility, however, with the right materials and steps, your glass coffee table will be given a fresh new look in no time.
What You Will Need:
- Glass coffee table
- Spray paint primer
- Appropriate spray paint
- Protective eye wear and cloth
- Painters tape
- Clean and Sand Table: Before spray painting the glass coffee table, begin by cleaning the table with a furniture polish. Once it is thoroughly clean, lightly sand the glass with sandpaper. This will give the primer a rough surface to adhere to. Wipe away any trace of dust with a cloth.
- Apply Tape: Securely tape any bases, frames and other parts of the coffee table so that the spray primer and paint will not get to it. Make sure any lines are sharp corners are precise and that there are no air bubbles.
- Apply Primer: Put on protective eye wear and use a thin and even coat of spray paint primer on the glass coffee table. Allow it to dry for an hour or so.
- Spray Paint: Choose the appropriate paint for your glass coffee table, and spray it in thin coats. Allow for adequate drying time after each coat. Make sure you cover all parts of the glass that you want to be painted.
- Remove Tape and Clean: After giving the paint adequate time to dry, remove the tape and clean the edges with a soft cloth.
Your glass coffee table will now be completely redone and look like new. Remodeling a glass coffee table can be a great way to add a refreshed and unique look to your home decor. Follow the steps above, and you will have a beautiful glass coffee table in no time!