How To Raise A Coffee Table
Having a coffee table too low or too high? Then it’s time to raise it up! Here is a step by step guide on how to raise a coffee table:
- Table legs
- Measuring tape
- Pen & paper/markers
- Damp cloth
- Know the height you need the table to be. This is determined by the seat height of the chairs around the table. Measure from the floor to the seat of the chair to get the desired height of the table.
- Remove the screws from the original table legs. Use the screwdriver to unscrew each leg from the table. Take caution and be careful when removing the screws as they may be tight.
- Measure and mark the mounting hole locations. Use the measuring tape and markers to mark the mounting hole locations on the underside of the table top. Note down these measurements.
- Sand the points of contact. Using the sandpaper, gently sand down the contact points where the legs will meet the table. Making sure that there are no ridges, splinters or unwanted protrusions.
- Install the new table legs. Put the new legs accordingly in place of the original legs and use the screws to secure the legs. The screw holes should line up with the marks made earlier.
- Check for stability. Place the table to a flat, level surface and check for stability. Wipe down the table top with the damp cloth and admire your work.
And there you have it! By following these simple steps you can now raise your coffee table to the desired height. Replacing the legs of a coffee table is an easy DIY project and can be completed in no time. Have fun experimenting around with different heights and styles and make sure to pick the right one that best suits your seating arrangement and decor.