How To Put a New Top on a Coffee Table
Having a new top for your coffee table is one way to instantly update the look of a room. Here are the steps to help you easily change the top of your coffee table:
Step 1: Prep the area
- Make sure to clear the area of any items on and around the table.
- Wipe the table with a damp cloth to remove any dust.
Step 2: Removing the Old Top
- Take a flathead screwdriver and locate screws on the underside of the coffee table.
- Carefully remove the screws with a screwdriver and place aside.
- Once all the screws are removed, you can now lift the top off of the coffee table.
Step 3: Installing the New Top
- Place the new top on the coffee table. If it doesn’t fit perfectly, you can trim it down to size if needed.
- Once the top is in place, place the screws back into the underside of the coffee table.
- After the screws are secure, give the top a few taps to ensure it is firmly in place.
Step 4: Finishing Touches
- Finally, you can add any decorative items to the new top. Styling the top out with candles, trays, or even coasters can make the top look amazing!
Now that you know how to put a new top on your coffee table, you can easily switch up the look of your living room whenever you want!