Protecting Your Coffee Table
A coffee table is an essential piece of furniture in many homes. Whether you’re having friends and family over for coffee, or simply putting your feet up after a long day, it’s likely that you and your family use the coffee table regularly. As such, you’ll want to ensure it’s properly maintained and protected so it lasts for a long time.
One of the best ways to protect and extend the life of your coffee table is to keep it clean.
- Dust: Use a soft cloth to dust your coffee table regularly.
- Wipe Away Stains: After spills, wipe the surface of the table with a soft cloth, then use a mild soap or water and a soft cloth to remove any remaining residue.
- Use Coasters and Placemats: When not in use, cover the table with a placemat, or use coasters for drinks to avoid any accidental spills.
If you have kids or pets, you may want to take extra precautions to protect your coffee table.
- Cover it: Place a blanket or fabric coverings over your coffee table when not in use to protect it from scratches and spills.
- Position it: Choose a spot away from walkways and doorways where it won’t get bumped or knocked over.
- Protect the legs: Put some furniture or floor protectors on the legs of your coffee table to reduce scratches on the floor surface.
Taking the time to clean and protect your coffee table will ensure that it looks great and lasts for many years to come.