How to Pick the Right Shaped Coffee Table
If you’re looking for the perfect coffee table for your living space, you will find that there are several different shapes and sizes to choose from. To help you to select the right coffee table for your home, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
Consider Your Available Space
It’s important to consider the physical space you have available to accommodate a new coffee table. Measure the area you’d like to place a coffee table, taking into account any other furniture pieces in the room, such as armchairs or sofas.
Choose the Shape
Once you know the dimensions of the space in which you plan to place the table, you can begin to narrow down the shapes that will fit. Here are some of the most common shapes for coffee tables:
- Round – Round coffee tables are great for conversation seating arrangements. They provide plenty of surface area and take up minimal space.
- Rectangular – Rectangular coffee tables are perfect for larger, shared spaces. They provide maximum surface area for multiple drinks or snacks.
- Square – Square coffee tables are a great option as they can be tucked into any corner. They can also be placed in the center of the room and they provide enough space for several people to share comfortably.
- Oval – An oval coffee table can bring a unique element to your living room. They typically provide plenty of surface area and can add a touch of elegance to any style of decor.
Think about what material you’d like your coffee table to be made of. Durability and maintenance requirements should come into play. Here are some materials commonly used for coffee tables:
- Glass – Glass coffee tables create an elegant, modern look, although they may be more susceptible to scratching, chips, and breakage.
- Wood – Wood is a popular choice for coffee tables since it is durable and can be customized to match any decor. However, wood surfaces can be difficult to maintain and repair.
- Metal – Metal coffee tables can be a more practical option than glass or wood. They are also easy to maintain and generally more resistant to scratches and damage.
Choose a coffee table that complements your existing furniture and will complete the look of the room. Don’t forget to factor in the size of your seating area to ensure an optimal fit. Finally, pick a material that will be durable and easy to maintain.
By taking all of these factors into account, you can choose the perfect shaped coffee table for your living room.