How to Paint an Old Coffee Table
When it comes to redesigning your living space, furniture painting is a quick and easy way to refresh the room. A coffee table is a great starting point, as updating the color can instantly give your living room a new look. With a few simple steps, you can paint your own coffee table and keep it looking as good as new.
Step 1: Prepare the Table
Before you start painting, it’s important to do some preparation on your coffee table. This includes:
- Cleaning the table with a mild detergent
- Sanding down the surface to create a smooth base for painting
- Wiping the table with a cloth to remove any dust and dirt
Once you’ve finished prepping the table, you’re ready to start painting.
Step 2: Painting the Table
When you’re ready to start painting, here’s what you need to do:
- Choose the paint color you want and make sure you have enough to cover the whole table
- Apply a base coat of paint using a brush and let it dry
- Once the base coat of paint has dried, apply a second coat of paint and let it dry
Once the paint has dried entirely, it’s time to finish off the table and make it look great.
Step 3: Finishing the Table
To give the table an extra glossy shine, you should:
- Sand the surface to make sure it’s smooth
- Apply a clear sealant or varnish to the entire table, leaving it to dry completely
And there you have it – your newly painted coffee table is ready to be admired!