How to Paint Ikea Round Coffee Table
Painting your Ikea round coffee table can be a great way to personalize and customize the look of your living room. Whether you want to give your table a dramatic makeover or just refresh its look, a few coats of paint will do the trick. Here are the steps you’ll need to take to give your table a new look:
Prepare the Table
- Clean off existing dust, dirt, or any other residue with a damp cloth.
- Remove the hardware from the bottom of the table, if any. Discard them or set them aside for use later.
- Mask off any parts of the table you don’t want to paint with painter’s tape.
- Sand the entire surface, paying special attention to any nicks or scratches.
- Wipe down the entire table with a damp cloth to remove any sanding dust.
Paint the Table
- Apply a coat of primer and let it dry according to the instructions on the can.
- Apply a thin coat of paint, using a small roller or a brush. Pay special attention to the edges and any other areas that may be hard to reach or visible.
- Allow the first coat to dry according to the instructions.
- Apply a second coat if desired, using the same method as before.
- Allow the paint to completely dry.
- Remove any painter’s tape.
- Reattach any hardware that was removed.
- Apply a sealer to protect the paint, such as a furniture wax.
Once you’ve finished the steps above, you’ll have a completely new look for your Ikea round coffee table. Enjoy your newly painted table, and get creative with the design and colors you choose.