How to Paint Ikea Coffee Table
Painting gives you the opportunity to completely transform your Ikea coffee table while making it unique and truly one-of-a-kind. From glitter to ombre to stain, your paint choices can make a big difference. Here are four easy steps to painting your Ikea coffee table.
Step 1: Prepare
- Check the type of table: It’s important to make sure the coffee table is made out of a material that is paintable and suitable for the job. Most Ikea coffee tables are laminate, veneer, and can be painted, if necessary.
- Clean the table: Using a damp cloth, wipe down the entire table to clean any dust or dirt.
- Sand the table: Use a light grinding board to lightly sand the surface of the table. This will help the paint stick better to the table.
Step 2: Paint
- Use a primer: To help the paint stick better, use a primer and paint it on the entire table.
- Choose your paint: There is a wide range of paint options to choose from. Pick something that will best suit your design plan.
- Paint the table: Be sure to use a fine brush and few layers of paint.
Step 3: Add Finishing Touches
- Seal with varnish: Once the table is painted and dry, use a varnish to seal the paint and keep it from chipping or scratching.
- Set the table: Place your table back in its spot in the living room and admire your work.
Step 4: Enjoy
You’ve done it! You’ve taken an Ikea coffee table and transformed it into a piece of art. And the best part of it all is that you did it yourself. Now all that’s left is to enjoy your work of art and make memories with your friends and family.