How to paint an IKEA coffee table
Painting an IKEA coffee table can add a unique touch to your furniture and bring a fresh new look to a room. With just a few supplies, you can transform your IKEA coffee table into a work of art.
Before you get started
Before you begin, make sure to do the following:
- Sand the table – use fine sandpaper to gently sand the surface of the table. This step is important in prepping the table so the paint will adhere better.
- Clean the table – use a damp cloth to wipe down the table, getting rid of any dust or debris. Leave the table to dry completely before continuing.
- Prepare the workspace – lay newspaper or a drop cloth down to protect your floor and furniture. Make sure the area is ventilated if you’ll be using aerosol spray paint.
Painting the table
Now you’re ready to paint your table. Here are the steps:
- Choose your paint – you can use either brush-on paint or aerosol spray paint. If you’re using aerosol paint, make sure you’re in a well-ventilated space.
- Apply the paint – apply the paint to the table in thin layers. Make sure you use light strokes and leave enough time in between coats for the paint to dry.
- Add the finishing touches – if you want, you can add a finishing coat of varnish or sealer to protect your coffee table.
Painting an IKEA coffee table is a simple way to customize your furniture and give your home an updated look. By following these instructions and taking your time, you can ensure a beautiful end result.