Painting an Oak coffee table
Painting an oak coffee table can be a great way to give the table a whole new look. With the right tools and techniques, even a novice can achieve a professional-looking paint job.
What you’ll need
- 120 or 220 grit sandpaper
- Spray primer
- Spray paint
- Clear polyurethane sealant
- Soft cloths
- Paint brushes
Step by step guide
- Start by removing hardware from the table such as handles and feet.
- Using the sandpaper, sand the entire surface of the table until it is smooth.
- Clean the table thoroughly to get rid of all dirt and dust.
- Apply a spray primer to the entire surface of the table.
- Once the primer is dry, apply the chosen spray paint.
- Let the paint dry completely, then remove any drips or unevenness with additional sanding.
- Apply a clear polyurethane sealant to protect the paint.
- Reattach all the hardware and you are done!
Painting an oak coffee table can be a great way to give your table a fresh look. With the right tools and techniques, even a novice can produce professional-looking results. Follow the steps above and your table will be looking amazing in no time!