Steps to Paint a Coffee Table Top
A coffee table often serves as the centerpiece of any living room and can be a great conversation piece for guests. Painting the top of your coffee table is a fun and easy way to liven up your furniture and the entire room. Here are some steps you can use to paint a coffee table top.
- Clean the top of the table. This includes removing any dirt, dust and residue from the surface.
- Sand the surface with medium-grit sandpaper using a circular motion. This helps to create a surface that is smooth and receptive.
- Clean the surface again and let it dry.
- Wrap the sides and underneath of the table with Saran wrap or painter’s tape to protect them and avoid any mess while painting the top.
- Apply a coat of primer to help the paint adhere to the table.
- Let the primer dry before moving to the next step.
- Select a color of paint. Make sure to choose a paint that is appropriate for the surface you are painting.
- Use a brush or roller to apply the paint. Start from the edges and paint inwards to ensure even coverage.
- Wait for the paint to dry.
- Apply a second and third coat of paint if desired.
Painting the top of your coffee table is a fun, easy, and affordable way to spruce up any room. Following these steps can help you to achieve beautiful results and have a stylish and unique piece of furniture. Good luck!