Packing Your Glass Coffee Table for Transport
Moving long-distance can be stressful and packing fragile items, such as glass coffee tables, brings on an extra level of concern. Here are some tips to properly pack and transport a glass coffee table:
Step One: Prepare and Gather Supplies
Preparing and gathering the right supplies before packing a glass coffee table is essential. Here is what you need:
- Box – Ideally the box should be of a size that can fit the entire glass coffee table with a few inches of clearance on each side.
- Moving Blanket – Get a moving blanket or quilt for extra padding.
- Foam/Plastic Wrap – Duct tape or stretch wrap is ideal for applying protection over the table and working your way around it.
- Bubble wrap/Styrofoam Padding – This is for extra protection and cushioning.
- Tape – Make sure you have packing or masking tape.
- Markers – To label items.
Step Two: Prepare the Table and Box
- Lay the box out and make sure it is big enough to fit the glass coffee table and has a few inches of clearance on each side.
- Put a layer of foam, plastic wrap or bubble wrap to the bottom of the box.
- Utilize the table’s legs for added cushion and protection for the glass. Attach bubble wrap, Styrofoam and any other padding to the legs, per the instructions below.
- Wrap the legs with extra padding and secure it with duct tape.
- Cut two pieces of 2×4 wood to the size of the table’s leg and then wrap them in bubble wrap.
- Place the 2x4s on the bottom of the box then put the table leg on top.
Step Three: Place Table in Box
- Set the table in the box.
- Make sure that the entire table is completely covered by the padding.
- Place another layer of padding over the top and sides of the table.
- Secure the padding in place with duct tape or stretch wrap.
- Label the box if necessary.
Step Four: Close and Seal the Box
- Close the box securely.
- Ensure that the box is sealed and not loose.
- Follow any additional packing instructions such as marking “Fragile” on the box or using additional padding or packaging if needed.
Following these steps will help ensure that your glass coffee table is safely transported. It is also important to consider using a professional moving company as they will have the experience and additional supplies to ensure a safe move.