How to Pack Glass Coffee Table
Packaging and transporting a fragile glass coffee table is tricky. Without the right preparation and materials, the glass can crack and break. However, it doesn’t take a specialist to safely move your glass coffee table; with a few simple steps, you can do it yourself.
Steps for Packing a Glass Coffee Table
- Gather Materials: You will need bubble wrap, packing paper, packing tape, and several sturdy cardboard boxes.
- Wrap Glass: Securely wrap both the glass with the bubble wrap. Use additional layers of padding and tufts of packing paper to protect corners that are extremely vulnerable. Tape tape around the bubble wrap to ensure it is secure.
- Disassemble Table: Carefully take apart the coffee table. This will likely include removing legs, drawers and/or shelves. Make sure to save all the screws and hardware.
- Pack Legs: Use the packing paper and boxes to package the legs and hardware components. Clearly label each box or bundle.
- Cover Glass Table: Place the wrapped glass table into the box, cover on top and all four sides with bubble wrap.
- Securely Close Box: Close the box and seal with packing tape. Add several labels warning that this package requires special attention.
Additional Tips for Packing a Glass Coffee Table
- It is often easier and safer to shore up the box with additional cardboard for added protection.
- Choose a box that is large enough to comfortably fit the glass along with the bubble wrap and packing paper.
- Place the box on a flat surface to avoid unnecessary shifting during transport.
With the right preparation, packing up a glass coffee table is easy and straightforward. With the right materials and precautions, you can easily protect your precious table.