Packing a Glass Coffee Carafe with a Non-Removable Lid
When packing a glass coffee carafe with a non-removable lid, it’s important to take some extra precautions to protect the item and ensure it arrives safely. Follow these simple steps for a successful packaging job:
Before you begin packing, make sure you have the appropriate materials on hand. The following should be included in your packing list:
- A sturdy, double wall corrugated box slightly larger than the item
- Enough packing materials (bubble wrap or foam packing peanuts) to fill the box and secure the item.
- Adhesive tape
- Permanent marking pen or label
- Squares of corrugated cardboard of the same thickness as the box sides
Preparing the Carafe
- Remove any removable parts (like glassware) from the carafe.
- Wrap the carafe completely in two layers of bubble wrap, using tape to keep it in place.
- Secure the lid by wrapping it in bubble wrap or foam peanuts.
Packing the Box
- Line the bottom of the box with a thick layer of packing material to create a cushion for the carafe.
- Place the carafe in the box and fill all remaining spaces with additional packing material. Make sure the item is secure and won’t move or shift in the box.
- Place four corrugated cardboard squares on each side of the box. This will help to disperse the weight of the item and prevent crushing.
- Seal the box and label with the words, “FRAGILE: Handle with Care”.
By following these steps, you can ensure that your glass coffee carafe with non-removable lid will remain safe and sound throughout its journey.