How to Live Without a Coffee Table
The classic coffee table is a staple of many living rooms across the world – but what if you don’t have space for one? Here are some tips on how to get along just fine without one.
1. Find alternate storage solutions
Without a coffee table, you’ll need to come up with alternate ways to store the items which you had normally kept on the table. Make sure to look into the following storage solutions:
- Wall shelves – Place wall shelves around the space to act as open shelves and provide plenty of display area.
- Ottomans – Ottomans can come with plenty of storage space inside, perfect for keeping media, games, and other living room essentials.
- Storage trunks – Place a storage trunk in the corner of the room to hold off-season items and other items that you don’t need access to every day.
2. Choose furniture that pulls double duty
When it comes to furniture, choose pieces that are both stylish and functional. Look for items that can also serve as a storage solution or as an extra seat.
- Chairs and couches – Many chairs and couches today come with plenty of storage options inside – perfect for keeping blankets and pillows tucked away.
- Bookshelves – Bookshelves don’t just have to store books. Choose bookshelves that have plenty of extra storage for decorations and other items.
- Coffee tables with storage – Look for coffee tables that come with storage. These clever pieces allow you to keep items easily accessible while hiding them away when not in use.
3. Embrace your space
Without a coffee table, you can focus on making other aspects of your living room shine. While it may look different from traditional living room setups, embrace the space and have fun with it!
You can also look for creative solutions for making the room appear bigger, such as installing larger windows or putting up a mirror.
Ultimately, the most important thing is to make sure you’re comfortable and enjoy your living room.