Moving A Coffee Table With Glass Top
One of the more difficult furniture to move is a coffee table with glass top. Your first instinct may be to carry it but due to the glass top, always opt instead to push it. This can be done by yourself if you follow the instructions below.
Things You Will Need
- Cardboard or plastic
- Teflon or felt furniture sliders
- Rope or bungee cord
- Lay a piece of cardboard on the floor larger than the base of the coffee table, plastic will work more to your advantage and minimize any potential floor scratching.
- Attach the “felt furniture sliders” or “teflon furniture sliders” to the bottom of the table legs. These will help to move the table with ease and also protect your floor.
- Attach a rope or bungee cord to the corner of the table. Make sure the rope or cord you choose is long enough to reach from the corner all the way around the other side of the table.
- Slide the table in the desired direction. Move the rope or bungee cord around the other side of the table, repeat and continually do this until the table is in its new desired location.
Tips & Warnings
- Always use extreme caution when pushing a coffee table with a glass top.
- Go slowly when pushing the table on the floor as it can easily become off balance.
- Always wear gloves when using the rope or bungee cord.
- Make sure the glass top is properly secured to the base.