How to Move a Coffee Table
Having a heavy and bulky coffee table can make it difficult to relocate it from one place to another. However, it can be moved without difficultly and without damaging it or yourself. Here are some useful tips to help you out:
Things You’ll Need
- Protective padding
- Mechanical assistance
- Clear the Space Around the Table: Make sure the path to the exit door is free and other obstacles are adequately shifted before you begin to move it.
- Provide Protective Layers: A coffee table should be designed in a way that it can resist minor damage. Still, avoid taking chances and put some protective layers around it so that it remains safe.
- Position the Table Slantwise: Gripping the coffee table becomes easier when it is slanted in one direction. Its wider side should be the one closer to the person carrying it.
- Lift from the Edge: Never try to pick up the centre or the middle of the table. If it is too heavy, one of the sides should be picked up, and the other person should pick up the other side. Make sure to take a larger step to avoid it from wobbling.
- Hire Mechanical Assistance: If the coffee table is too heavy and you are not comfortable carrying it, look for professional help. They will be able to carry the table in an efficient and safe way.
Moving the coffee table doesn’t have to be an overly complicated process. Keep these steps in mind and you can move your table successfully without worrying about any damage.