How To Measure Your Space For A Round Coffee Table
Whether you’re planning to purchase a contemporary round coffee table, organize your living room space or simply move an existing piece around to better suit your décor, it’s important to understand how to measure for a round coffee table properly.
Here’s What To Do:
- Determine the size of your seating area and the distance between the sofa and armchairs:A rule of thumb is to allow 28″–30″ of space between the front edge of the sofa and the front edge of the coffee table. Also, make sure to measure the distance between the armchairs.
- Evaluate the available space: Measure the width and depth of the space where you plan to keep your rounded coffee table. Ideally, you will have at least six inches of clearance space to protect your furniture and to move around.
- Choose a coffee table with the right dimensions: Coffee tables usually come in different sizes, while the most common sizes include 16″, 18″, 22″ and 24″ in diameter. As previously mentioned, make sure to leave plenty of space between the furniture and the table for safety reasons.
- In order to gain a better understanding of the tables available at the market, it’s a good idea to visit a local store to get a feel for the size and scales.
- For smaller room layouts, consider purchasing a glass-top coffee table (as it will make rooms seem larger) and for a larger space, go for chunky, large round coffee tables with intricate designs.
When you’re ready to choose a round coffee table, remember the right pieces will add charm and character to the room, while making the space feel inviting.