How To Make Your Coffee Table Higher
Getting a coffee table that’s the perfect height for your living space can be a challenge. But, if you’ve found the coffee table of your dreams and it’s just a little too low for your liking, fear not! You can simply give it a boost with these easy steps:
Raise with Risers
One easy way to raise your coffee table higher is to use furniture risers. They come in all sorts of shapes, sizes and colors and can easily be found at your local home goods store.
- Measure the width of your coffee table legs and buy risers that fit
- Attach the risers to the legs with screws or double-sided tape
- Add your desired height (ideally, no more than 4-5 inches)
Stack Books & Magazines
If you’re looking for a free or inexpensive way to boost the height of your coffee table, you can always grab some of your favorite books and magazines and stack them underneath the tabletop. Use pieces of cardboard or a tray to make sure the items are secure and are not at risk of sliding off.
DIY Coffee Table Base
If you’re handy and looking for a more permanent solution, you can make your own coffee table base to give your coffee table some extra height. This will add a unique and interesting touch to your living space. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4x4s for legs
- Wooden boards
- Wood screws
Once you have your supplies, follow these steps:
- Cut your 4x4s to the desired height
- Attach the 4x4s to the wooden boards with wood screws (you may also opt to use wood glue)
- Screw the finished base to the bottom of the coffee table
There you have it: three easy ways to make your coffee table higher. Now you can enjoy your new, taller coffee table in no time!