How to Make a Shattered Glass Coffee Table
Are you looking for an innovative way to light up your living room? Making a shattered glass coffee table could be the perfect solution.
Tools You Will Need
To make a shattered glass coffee table, you will need the following materials:
- Tempered glass, at least one-fourth inch thick
- Table frame
- 24-gauge aluminum wire
- Craft wire
- Needle nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- Decorations and lighting of your choice
- Attach the legs: Use screws to attach the legs to the underside of the table frame.
- Cut the glass into desired pieces: Use a glass cutter to cut your tempered glass into the desired shapes and pieces.
- Create the cracks: Take the 24-gauge aluminum wire and use a pair of needle nose pliers to shape each end into a loop. Place one of the loops near the edge of the glass and the other near the center. Using the needle nose pliers, pull the loops away from each other to create cracks in the glass.
- Secure the pieces of glass in the table frame:Once the desired amount of glass pieces have been created and cracked, use craft wire to secure them to the table frame. Make sure each piece of glass is secure.
- Add decorations and lighting:Finally, you can add decorations and lighting of your choice. You can use LED strips to give the table an even more impressive look.
- Be sure to use tempered glass, as it is more durable and less likely to shatter.
- If you want to create larger cracks in the glass, you can use larger gauge aluminum wire.
- You can also use epoxy to help secure the pieces of glass.
Making a shattered glass coffee table is a fun and creative way to spruce up your living room. With these instructions, you will be able to create a beautiful and professional-looking piece of furniture.