HOW TO MAKE SHATTERED GLASS COFFEE TABLE
A shattered glass coffee table is a unique and sleek piece of furniture that adds a unique look to any room. With the right materials and tools, anyone can create a shattered glass coffee table. Here is what you need to make one for yourself.
- Glass cut to size
- Sheet metal
- Caulk gun
- Silicone sealant
- Carpenter’s square
- Power drill
- Measure and Cut the Plywood: Start by measuring the size you want your coffee table and then use a carpenter’s square to mark off the wood. Cut the wood to size using a power drill with a jigsaw blade.
- Apply the Silicone Sealant: Using a caulk gun, apply the silicone sealant to the top of the plywood. Smooth down any excess sealant with an old cloth for a neat finish.
- Cut and Place the Shattered Glass: Cut the glass to size, making sure the shards are slightly larger than the plywood. Once cut, carefully arrange the shards on top of the silicone and press them down gently.
- Attach the Sheet Metal: Take the sheet metal pieces and attach them to the sides of the plywood with screws and a screwdriver. This will help keep the glass in place.
- Add Feet: If you want your coffee table to have feet, you’ll need to attach them now. This can be done with screws and a screwdriver.
Your shattered glass coffee table is now complete and ready to be used. It’s a unique and eye-catching piece of furniture that will bring a unique look to any room.