DIY Your Very Own Plywood Coffee Table
Making your own furniture can save you money and be a positive creative outlet. With some materials, a few tools, and a bit of effort, you can have a completely unique coffee table. Follow these steps to make a custom plywood coffee table!
- Materials – plywood of your choice, MDF (medium-density fibreboard) panel, wood glue, hardwood dowels, wood screws, sandpaper and paint.
- Tools – saw, drill and drill bits, clamps, straight edge, wood plane, and wood putty.
Making Your Table Legs
- Draw a template onto the plywood for each of your four table legs. Cut out each leg and plane them as necessary.
- Drill two holes in each leg and secure the legs to the MDF panel with the dowels and screws.
- Smooth out any rough spots and use wood putty to fill any holes.
- Finally, sand and paint your legs, according to your preference.
Building the Table Top
- Mark out the table top on your plywood and cut it out.
- Attach the top to the table legs with wood glue. Clamp them together to ensure a secure fit.
- Once the glue has dried, sand and paint the top surface in whatever way you desire.
- Decorate the table top with coasters, table mats, or anything else that you like.
- Reinforce the screw and dowel connection for extra stability.
And, voila! That’s all you need to make your own custom plywood coffee table. Show off your creative skills and impress your friends and family with your DIY masterpiece. Good luck!