How To Make A Mosaic Pallet Coffee Table
Are you looking for a unique way to spruce up your living space? Making a mosaic pallet coffee table is a great DIY project that will not only add gorgeous detail to your home, but also give you a beautiful piece of furniture to enjoy. Here are the steps to make your own mosaic masterpiece.
- Acrylic paint
- Tile adhesive
- Tile grout
- Mosaic tiles
- Step 1 – Select a Pallet
- Firstly, select a pallet to use. Make sure it is in good condition, as this will be the base of your coffee table.
- Step 2 – Prep the Pallet
- Use a drill and screws to attach the two pieces of wood to the bottom of the pallet to form the table’s legs.
- Sand and paint the pallet to get your desired finish.
- Step 3 – Apply Tile Adhesive
- Using a trowel and tile adhesive, spread the adhesive across the surface of the pallet.
- Follow directions on the adhesive package for best results.
- Step 4 – Arrange the Tiles
- Lay out the mosaic tiles according to the design of your choice.
- If needed, you can use a ruler to measure and mark the lines for the tiles for a more precise pattern.
- Step 5 – Apply Grout
- Once the tiles are set, use tile grout to fill the gaps between the tiles and ensure the tiles stay in place.
- Follow the directions on the grout package for best results.
- Step 6 – Seal the Table
- Once the grout is dry, use a sealant to protect the tiles from water, dirt and debris.
- You may need to apply multiple coats of sealant to ensure all the tiles are completely coated.
- Step 7 – Let It Dry
- Let your newly made coffee table dry overnight before using it.
- Enjoy your DIY Mosaic Pallet Coffee Table!