How to Make a Hassock Out of a Coffee Table
If you’ve been looking for an easy but stylish way to make a DIY ottoman without breaking the bank, look no further! Making a hassock out of an old coffee table is the perfect way to give your living space a fun, unique touch. Here’s how you can do it:
- Find the right coffee table: Look for a sturdy but lightweight table. Avoid glass tables as they can easily break when you remove the legs.
- Remove the legs and other hardware: With a screwdriver, take the legs and any other hardware off the table. Make sure you save all of the screws for later!
- Measure and cut foam: Measure the length and width of the tabletop and cut foam to size. You can use any kind of foam you like, but memory foam is especially durable.
- Cover the foam: Stretch a piece of fabric over the foam and staple it securely to the underside of the tabletop. Make sure to pulls the fabric tight before stapling for a professional-looking finish.
- Attach legs and hardware: Now it’s time to attach the legs and other hardware. Use the screws you removed earlier to secure the legs in place. Add any additional hardware, like wheels or leg caps, if desired.
- Be sure to use furniture-grade screw, as these are strong and durable, and last longer than regular screws.
- Use a cotton batting in between the foam and fabric for extra cushioning.
- You can paint or stain the legs for a different look.
Creating a hassock from a coffee table is easier than you may think! With these simple steps and a few items, you have the perfect project to spruce up your home décor.