How to Make a Glass Coffee Table
A glass coffee table can be a stylish center piece for your living room. Here are the steps for making your own glass coffee table:
Choosing the glass material
- Choose the type of glass that you want to use for your table top; tempered glass is the most popular and secure option.
- Decide the thickness of the glass; 8 mm thickness is usually preferred for coffee tables.
- Choose a color or tint for the glass.
Creating the frame
- The frame is the support structure for your table top. The ideal material for the frame is a wood that you like.
- Create the four sides of the frame in the shape of a rectangle.
- Attach the frame to four mending plates designed for glass.
- Attach the mending plates to the frame using wood screws.
Attaching the glass to the frame
- Lay the glass on top of the frame.
- Place the washers on top of the mending plates.
- Use the nuts to secure the glass to the frame.
- Attach the legs to the bottom of the frame.
- Wipe the table with a damp cloth to remove dust and dirt.
- Apply a finish of your choice to give it a stunning look.
- Add a small design to the edges of your glass for a special touch.
Congrats! You have just created your very own glass coffee table. It’s the centerpiece of your living room and will surely draw attention from your friends and family. Enjoy!